Taming quail chicks requires;
- Lots of time – frequent and daily contact is needed.
- Daily contact with the quail chicks – frequently handling, feeding, playing and talking to the chicks throughout the day.
- Frequent handling of the quail chicks – at least 3 times a day.
- Hand feeding the quail chicks – placing chick crumbs or lettuce on your hand and letting the chicks eat from the hand.
- Letting the quail chicks associate you with feeding – call the chick when you want to feed them and then let the chicks feed from your hand.
- Time to play with the quail chicks – handle the chicks gently, let them get used to your hands and being picked up or stroked.
Do you have any tips for taming quail?