- Feeding poultry twice daily.
- Letting poultry out to free range in a morning.
- Locking up the poultry huts on a night.
- Cleaning out the poultry huts.
- Check cattle in field twice daily.
- Give cattle in the field mineral supplement.
- Feed store cattle twice daily.
- Milling and mixing animal feed.
- Bedding up store cattle.
- Calving cows.
- Disbudding (dehorning) calves.
- Selling cattle.
- Take cows to the “Ings” for Summer grazing at the end of the month.
- Service the irrigation equipment.
- Lay concrete floor in the new grain shed.
- Cut grass to make silage.
- Turn grass for silage.
- Bale the silage.
- Wrap bales.
- Put nitrogen fertiliser on grass field to make the grass grow again.
- Apply blight spray to potato crops at the end of the month depending on the weather.
- The Farming Year – April Jobs on a cattle and arable farm in April can include;...
- The Farming Year – March Jobs on a cattle and arable farm in March can...
- The Farming Year – February February’s jobs on a cattle and arable farm can include;...
- The Farming Year – January January’s jobs on a cattle and arable farm can include;...
- Making Silage Silage is grass that has been preserved by pickling rather...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.