- Potatoes are a root vegetable.
- They are a staple food in Britain and America.
The Nutritional Content Of Potatoes
Potatoes contain the following in varying degrees depending on their variety, how they have been grown, stored and cooked.
- Carbohydrate (starch)
- A range of minerals including potassium, phosphorus, zinc, calcium, iron, copper and magnesium.
- Vitamin C
- Some B Vitamins
- Folic Acid
Other Benefits Of Potatoes
- Potatoes are low in fat.
- They are low in calories.
- Potatoes have no cholesterol.