The Year Of Food And Farming is a national initiative and is to be launched in September 2007 in the UK. It aims to give children an increased awareness of where their food comes from and give them the opportunities to become more involved in food preparation and production. It also aims to provide opportunities for learning more about the countryside and farming.
Today saw the launch of The Year Of Food And Farming website which states that, “The Year of Food and Farming is a campaign to promote healthy living by giving young people direct experience of countryside, farming and food. During the Year, children will have the opportunity to:
- follow the story from ‘field to fork’
- explore the importance of food
- make informed decisions about food and healthy nutrition
- watch what happens on a real-life farm
- experience what the countryside can offer
- learn more about environmental issues linked to food and the countryside.
The year runs from September 2007 to July 2008. The full site will go live in September.”
The Year Of Food And Farming scheme is looking for individuals or organisations to give their support. If you are involved in teaching, farming, catering, food production, or horticulture, then you may be able to offer support. I have already registered the support that I will give via Farming Friends and I have registered the school that I work in. I aim to give my support and hope that you can too.
- The Year Of Food And Farming 2007-2008 The Year Of Food And Farming is a national initiative...
- Prince Charles Patron To Year of Food And Farming Prince Charles will be the patron of The Year Of...
- Year Of Food And Farming Today marks the start of the Year Of Food...
- Food & Education Rural e-Network This February the FeRN organisation, the Food and Education Rural...
- Farming Friends Website Having A Makeover Dear Farming Friends visitor or regular reader. Thank you for...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.