On Saturday my family came over for a visit and as the weather was so glorious we were out in the garden. On a stroll through the orchard, my brother-in-law remarked that he didn’t know nettles had white flowers. This variety of nettle is called the white deadnettle.
The white deadnettle is a perennial wild flowering plant.
It’s latin name is Lamium album.
This plant is found all across Europe except the far North, throughout the British Isles and in North and East Asia.
The white deadnettle grows in gardens and orchards, along hedgerows and grass verges and on wasteland.
This nettle has white flowers, which are present from March-November.
It has hairy, green, elongated, heart-shaped and toothed leaves.
This plant is slightly aromatic and grows to a height of approximately 50cm.
The white deadnettle is part of the mint family and is related to the red deadnettle.
- Red Deadnettle We have nettles growing all over our farm and it...
- Lesser Celandine The lesser celandine is a wild flower. It’s latin...
- Germander Speedwell Germander speedwell is a perennial wildflower. The latin name...
- The Dandelion Dandelions are wild flowers. The Latin name is Taraxacum...
- Ivy Ivy is a climbing shrub which can grow wild....
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.